LA Wrongful Death & Personal Injury Lawyer
For nearly 20 years, attorney Craig L. Chisvin, founder of Chisvin Law Group, APC, has devoted a large part of his practice to helping innocent victims and their families recover personal injury and wrongful death compensation. Thanks to his reputation as an experienced and determined attorney, clients from throughout Southern California continuously turn to our personal injury law firm for help pursuing the compensation they need in the aftermaths of accidents and injuries.
At CLC Law Group, we understand that there is no monetary reward that can ever replace the loss of a loved one. At the very least, we can help your family with the financial losses caused by a family member’s death or set up a fund in memory of a young person whose life was taken before their time. Our attorneys can help establish whether your injuries or family member’s death was caused by someone else’s negligent actions or failure to act. We investigate the elements of each case in great detail, calculate the economic and emotional damages, and file all of the paperwork required of these extraordinarily complex and emotional proceedings.
Even when those responsible for your injuries or a wrongful death did not intend to do harm, they can be held liable for the damages. Any individual or entity whose careless or negligent acts caused injuries or wrongful death can be held aWhile many personal injuries and wrongful death cases in Los Angeles settle out of court, CLC Law Group attorneys are prepared to take your case to trial. We will demonstrate to the jury precisely what wrongful and negligent actions caused your injuries or family member’s death and the resulting financial and emotional hardships.ccountable to the injured victim or surviving family members in the State of California.
CLC Law Group serves those in Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, and Century City.
Negligence Comes In Many Forms
When most people think of personal injury law, they think of motor vehicle accidents. While a large part of our practice involves helping car accident victims, we offer our services to any client whose suffering is rooted in negligence, including victims of the following:
Fair Employment and Housing Act violations
Even when those responsible for your injuries or a wrongful death did not intend to do harm, they can be held liable for the damages. Any individual or entity whose careless or negligent acts caused injuries or wrongful death can be held accountable to the injured victim or surviving family members in the State of California.
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Los Angeles
If you were injured in an accident caused by the carelessness of another person or entity, you might be entitled to receive a variety of different types of compensation. The liable party could pay:
- Medical expenses: All past and future expenses for medical treatment should be fully covered. Any adaptive medical devices or transportation assistance you may have needed to keep your medical care appointments should also be covered.
- Lost wages: If your accident injuries caused you to take time off work during your recovery, you should be reimbursed entirely for your wages lost. If your injuries prevent you from working in your usual capacity, you should be compensated for the variance in pay between your former and new earning capacity.
- Property damages: If your vehicle or other property was damaged in the accident caused by another person’s negligence, you should receive compensation to repair or replace your property.
- Pain and suffering: You deserve to be compensated for not only the economic losses inflicted by an accident caused by another’s neglect but also for the discomfort, pain, and emotional distress that you suffered. Non-economic damages are subjective in nature and cannot be defined with a receipt. Still, CLC Law Group’s injury attorneys can provide resources and experts to help determine full and fair compensation.
- Punitive damages: In personal injury cases resulting from gross negligence or intentional wrongdoing, the judge may require the defendant to pay punitive damages. This type of compensation is intended to punish the defendant for their harmful behavior and set an example to deter others from similar behavior.
Compensation Available in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If your family member lost their life in an accident caused by another’s negligent actions, your family could bring a claim for wrongful death damages. Compensation available in a wrongful death claim may cover:
- Medical bills: The responsible party should compensate for all costs incurred to treat the accident victim’s injuries before the time of death.
- Lost financial support: After the untimely death of your loved one, a lifetime of lost earnings that they would have provided to their family or dependents should be reimbursed in full.
- Loss of consortium: Damages for loss of consortium are awarded to help compensate family members for the tragic loss of a spouse, children, or parents when killed by another person’s careless acts. While this sum is difficult to quantify, juries typically consider the relationship of the deceased to their family members and the victim’s age and life expectancy.
- Funeral costs: If you’ve lost a loved one due to another person’s wrongful behavior, you should not have to pay the significant expenses of a funeral.
Compensation available in a wrongful death lawsuit, in many cases, can amount to millions because of the terrible losses incurred when a loved one is killed before their time.
The Personal Injury Claims Process
We understand that the thought of taking legal action is often daunting for those who are not lawyers. This understanding is why we strive to ensure our clients’ involvement in every step of the claims process.
When you visit our West Los Angeles law office, you will sit down with our firm’s founder to discuss the incident that led to your illness or injury. After listening to your story, he will explain your legal options and what you can expect from the process. Finally, he will answer any questions you have.
Once you have decided on a course of action, our legal team will spring into action, filing your claim and working diligently toward obtaining compensation for you. In most cases, we negotiate fair settlements on our clients’ behalves without the need to ever go to court. However, when necessary, we will fight for your rights at trial.
Schedule Your Case Evaluation Today
CLC Law Group’s injury and wrongful death attorneys are here to help families in Los Angeles and Southern California financially piece their lives back together during this devastating time. If you suffered an injury or illness or lost a loved one, it is essential to start pursuing compensation in a timely fashion due to negligence. California has statutes of limitations in place that limit the amount of time you have to take legal action. If you would like to get started, you can call 310-820-4488 or toll free 800-713-2293 or email us to schedule your free initial consultation. Se habla esparnol.